The internet was the greatest invention since World War 2. Computers and technology have come a long way since then. Websites and internet-based applications dominate the business world today. Social media also plays an important role in attracting traffic towards your online presence and converting them into customers. Without an active social media presence on all platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram, your business is most likely to fall behind its competition, no matter how unique or innovative your business idea is.
Websites are all about traffic and search engine rankings. While social media has a huge role to play in your online presence, ranking on search engines is easily your biggest ticket to success. You need to get more and more traffic on your website, and convert it. More people need to click on links that divert them to your business. It’s the implementation part where most people fail. They fail to realize that in order for a website to get traffic, it needs to be set up and designed to do the same.
Here are 6 ways you can attract more traffic to your website:
- Domain name – every domain name has an ip address behind it. An average citizen does not have the time to memorize the numbers but recalling names of websites is easier. For example, a professional web design agency in New York, having a domain name such as com is bound to be memorable than one with webdesignforyou.com.
- Useful information – anybody can post anything online. You need to have information and tools that are actually useful to customers. People who are actively searching for solutions on the web seek accurate and real information that can help them improve their lives and/or business performance.
- Interactive – websites can be made following a standard pattern or they can be highly customized. Interactive websites attract 60% more customers than standard ones. Customers stay online much longer and actually explore the services instead of going to a different website.
- Blogs – are the future. They add value to the website. Reviews and ratings from actual customers can help provide free publicity. People have a tendency to follow others and go for tried and tested services. Blogs give you the chance to show your customers that you are indeed a master of your craft.
- Mobile support – people are glued to their mobile screens, so much so that it has become an addiction. Nomophobia is actually a condition where a person faces extreme anxiety on being separated from their phone. Your website needs to support all kinds of mobile devices, be it an iPad, android device or any mobile phone. 90% people report that they only browse the internet on their phones.
SEO – if you have not heard this term before then you probably don’t have a lot of experience with online marketing. SEO stands for search engine optimization and is used to rank your website on the search results of search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing.