Studies reveal that Google’s first page receives 95% of the total web traffic, while the remaining 5 percent is left for the subsequent pages. You understand why that is the case, right? When was the last time you went beyond the first page of Google searching for something? Can’t remember? The point is clear.

If you wish to increase your website traffic and attract more customers to your business, you must improve your website’s ranking so that it shows up on the first page of Google search. But improving website’s ranking can be extremely difficult in the competitive landscape, if you’re not aware of the right practices to optimize your website. This is why we’ve prepared a list of some proven ways that can help you optimize your website for higher search engine ranking.

1.     Great Content

In order to rank well, it is important to include great content on your site. That’s why so many people are focusing on blogs and hiring content writers for quality posts on their website. Website with bad grammar and spelling mistakes are ranked lower by search engines. Many people ask how long the content should be. Well, there isn’t really an exact answer for that, most people say that 500 words is a good length for a normal blog.

2.     Website’s Accessibility

If your website is hard to access and navigate, search engine will rank it extremely low. The reason is that in the fast-paced world of today, nobody has the time to scroll through a complicated website with tons of juggled pages with distracting pop-ups. Search engines analyze the website for loading time and ease of navigation, so it’s important to ensure that your web pages load quickly and are easy to navigate.  

3.     The Keywords

Many people are already aware of the importance of keywords for site optimization, but they are not familiar with the right practices to incorporate them. The placement of keywords plays a major role in how your website is ranked by search engines. You should include them in:

  • Titles
  • Descriptions
  • Meta Tags
  • In the Content
  • Headings
  • Images and Alt-tags
  • URLs

Many people make the mistake of stuffing the keywords in the content without realizing that the search engine algorithms have now changed. Google and other search engines now punish the websites that have stuffed keywords in for the sake of ranking, so this old tactic won’t work anymore. Therefore, make sure to incorporate all the keywords naturally.

4.     Optimize For Mobile Devices

All websites that receive higher ranking on the search engines are mobile optimized. The majority of web traffic happens on mobile devices now, so Google’s algorithm considers mobile compatibility of a website when ranking it. If your site is not mobile optimized, you can never achieve higher ranking.

Despite of working on these essential things, it still proves to be difficult for many people to get their website on first page of Google search. That only happens when they try to do every task themselves and don’t take assistance from web experts like 24/7 NY Web Design. We suggest you don’t make the same mistake and take assistance from us to optimize your website.

2414 Ralph Ave

Brooklyn, NY 11234

Phone: 718-233-3120